Friday, December 5, 2008

Thoughts

Tonight I'm torn as a mother. My husband has the opportunity to travel to San Fransisco and Dominic and I could come along. The problem, I just don't think Dominic would last the flight. I've never been to San Fransisco and have always wanted to go. Not to mention a trip out west at the end of January could be a nice lift during the middle of winter. These are the times that it makes it hard putting your wants aside. It makes me think about how much my mom put us first when we were young. It's an amazing thing to be a mother. I guess in reality it is a great lesson. Learning to be selfless. You carry a child inside your body for nine months and you eat and breathe for the child. Then its born and it's your job to nurture this little tiny creature for the rest of its life. At the moment you find out your pregnant, your life is no longer your own. There is nothing in the world I wouldn't do to keep my son safe, healthy and happy. I often think about this in the late hours when I'm up rocking him at night. This sweet little boy is mine to care for forever. So, no trip to San Francisco, but maybe a week spent visiting Gramma instead...who could beat that?!

No comments: