Friday, May 8, 2009

Reflections on Mother's Day

I'm writing today because I know this weekend will be so busy I won't be at the computer at all. I was thinking this morning how Mother's Day isn't really for woman with children because I think as women we "mother" a lot of people and things in life. Husbands, animals, siblings, friends, flowers, etc.... I don't think it really matters what you are tending, mother's every where deserve a day. Today I find myself thinking about much I did not really know about becoming Dominic's mother. Like, how hard it would be!!! Hello! Why don't people really explain that to you while your pregnant? I also never knew how I would not truly sleep again or REALLY appreciate a long hot shower. One that I could actually wash my hair and shave my legs. But, then the moments come when Dominic is just about to fall asleep in my arms and he lays his hand on mine and I think to myself "I would never have it any other way."

I hope that all the moms out there have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend and get the relaxing treatment they deserve. Maybe a few hugs and kisses too.

Second thought, next week at this time R and I will be gearing up to see our little jumping bean. I'm guessing boy, R is guessing girl. If anyone else would like to put a guess out there I'd love to hear it. Only a week away. I can't wait! I'm sucking it up and posted a 17 week belly pic today. Hopefully it doesn't offend anyone. I don't really think it looks any different. And, please excuse the morning hair and no makeup.

4 comments:

ktm said...

you look awesome, mama!

have a great mother's day!

and i think i'm gonna go ahead and guess.... girl :)

tams said...

you are too stinkin' cute!!! seriously, 100% adorable, morning hair and all... but then again, i always think you look amazing! i cannot wait to hear what your bean will be!

happy almost mother's day sarah! sending you tons of love!

Heidi Ho said...

It's a cute little belly bump!!! teeny tiny...

and I say girl!! Just a vibe!

Unknown said...

What an adorable baby bump!
Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!
I'm with everyone else.. I'm getting the girl vibe!
See you Monday!