I recently was able to practice on some photos for a birthday. It was an evening time frame and I only had overhead lighting and floor lamps to work with. I ended up coming home frustrated with the outcome. Lots of blurry shots with awkard coloring. I managed to get a few shots I was happy with, but nothing I would rave about. All in all, it made me realize I have a lot of reading to do this week.
My new resolution to be a better wife, mother, and find time for myself to fullfill a passion. I will use this blog to share my balancing act.
Sunday, January 8, 2012
New Year, New You!
As confirmed recently, my baby making days have ended and I'm coming to turns with that in my heart. My new year's resolution is to take some time for myself to do something I enjoy. Since ending my career back in 2007 I've found that I have a true love for photography. After having my boys, I've developed an interested that I hope someday will grow to be more than a hobby. I've decided to turn my blog into a space in which I can write about my trails along the way. My first hurdle at the moment is finding time to learn more about the technical aspects of photography. Until I can find time to take a class, I'm forced to use the trail and error approach. This week I am tackling a big issue of low light photography. I have such a hard time taking a good photo with low light.
I recently was able to practice on some photos for a birthday. It was an evening time frame and I only had overhead lighting and floor lamps to work with. I ended up coming home frustrated with the outcome. Lots of blurry shots with awkard coloring. I managed to get a few shots I was happy with, but nothing I would rave about. All in all, it made me realize I have a lot of reading to do this week.


I recently was able to practice on some photos for a birthday. It was an evening time frame and I only had overhead lighting and floor lamps to work with. I ended up coming home frustrated with the outcome. Lots of blurry shots with awkard coloring. I managed to get a few shots I was happy with, but nothing I would rave about. All in all, it made me realize I have a lot of reading to do this week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Your photos are creative and beautiful. I, too, struggle with low light! I just got a new camera for Christmas and am excited to get better with it. If you (or I) run onto any great photograpy sites, let's share. MK
Post a Comment