Friday, January 13, 2012

New 50mm Lens

Trying out my new 50mm lens today while playing with the boys outside. I would have had more success making adjustments to fstop settings if Isaac would have stayed in the yard, but safety first, right?! I spent lots of time reading about using natural light and attempted to understand the manual settings. I'm still finding it awfully confusing so I tried out the AV setting today and loved a few of the shots although I need to figure out how to get shots all while making adjustments to settings. There is so much to think about...

Here are some of my faves.

Although I could have done a much better job focusing this shot, when I saw it I felt like it illustrated what a snowy night sounds like if that makes any sense.


This one I liked, but the background was overlit, but I liked it better edited in black and white.


Attempting to blurr the background for better portraits. I thought this was a good attempt. Isaac's a tough one to ask to pose at this point!

No comments: