We have had a great weekend. R arrived home early Friday, to our surprise, and we decided to take a nice hike in the woods. Dominic got to see deer and bunnies. He started off on R's shoulders, but by the end he wanted to do some hiking himself. We gathered sticks and rocks and he loved roaring like lions. I'm pretty sure we scared off all the animals for miles by then. Came home and spent the evening watching D play in his old baby pool. I realized quickly that he totally outgrew it over the winter.
Saturday we started bright and early. D helped R take down his crib and move it into his "big boy" room. We talked all about how exciting it was he was a big boy now and he had his own room. All of the construction and reconstruction wore D out so he took a nice nap and when he got up we went to get him a bigger pool.Saturday evening we partied like rock stars at R's cousin's wedding. I even got to dance with my two favorite men at the same time. It was amazing. Dominic loved the music and dancing. We didn't get home until 9:30, which for D is a late night. He slept like a log in the new room. Night one...a success.
Today was very relaxing. We got up at 6:30 and had a nice long walk in the neighborhood while D enjoyed his breakfast in the stroller. R and I sipped some coffee (mine decaf of course). It was perfect. Spent the afternoon poolside. The new pool is just big enough for this preggo mama to lounge. It was great. Got ice cream and played at Krepps park. Ate Japanese for dinner and plan on spending the rest of this evening relaxing in silence. AAH what a great weekend. I think the three of us really needed this.
1 comment:
sounds blissful!!! you deserve it Sarah!
Post a Comment