My new resolution to be a better wife, mother, and find time for myself to fullfill a passion. I will use this blog to share my balancing act.
Thursday, May 28, 2009
Tough Day as a Mom
Oh man, why didn't anyone ever tell me how hard some days would be as a mother? I really thought we were all coming around the corner from these stupid colds and then WHAM! Tuesday afternoon D fell and started screaming. After an inspection I really couldn't see anything wrong. No blood, no bumps. I couldn't figure it out. The screaming continued for one hour, then two and finally around 6:00 R and I decided to take him in to see the Dr. Between the screaming, the snotty nose and coughing D wasn't able to breathe. The Drs. were really nice to us and understanding. I'm sure they just wanted to get us OUT of their office b/c of the screaming. My heart was broken, I couldn't make D feel better. Ears were fine, strep test was fine. The Drs. were stumped. They asked us to have a chest Xray done to rule out anything else. That was the worst. I wasn't able to be there for him. R had to hold him down alone, along with three other Drs. Meanwhile, this emotional mama was crying in the hallway all alone listening to her baby screaming for "mama." It was all I could do not to knock down that darn door and rescue my little boy. I felt helpless. Luckily the chest xray came back clean and we were issued some meds and sent home. D's cries continued until he finally fell asleep. I'd have to say that was the worst day as a mom. I do not want to see the day when he breaks something or needs stitches. I'm not sure I will be able to hold it together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
omg, that sucks. at first i was like "why couldn't she go in?" duh. i'm an idiot. is he feeling better? b is just getting over a monster of a cold himself.
oh man, this made me sad - i'm sorry! just think, for the bad days that some, there are so many many many good ones too -
Hang in there Sarah. You are so strong! Poor D, I have recently experienced a hint of that inconsolable crying and it is enough to make you break down! Hope things are better now.
Post a Comment