Sunday, December 28, 2008

There is a First for Everything

Last night it happened! We were forced to leave our Christmas with the Family part 3 early because Dominic had his first fever. I guess I should be happy it took this long to happen. He was unusually fussy the whole afternoon and then I picked him up and he was on fire. We made a mad dash for the turnpike after picking up some meds and made it home to endure one tough restless night. I couldn't sleep b/c my baby was sick and there was nothing I could do to make him better. He called out for "Da Da," it broke my heart. I know should be happy I'm blessed with a husband that takes a proactive approach to parenting, but at that moment my heart wanted my little baby to call out to me, his mommy. The one who gave birth to him and vowed to always protect me. All night I paced the halls and played gopher while Dominic and his daddy cuddled in the rocking chair. By morning the fever seemed to go down. After a few more hours of a cranky unhappy little boy I knew I had to trust my gut and take him to see the Dr. Thank God I did. He had a temp again over 102 and an ear infection. Both firsts for us. On top of all of this, he is cutting his two top molars. I feel so bad for this kid. I can only hope the antibiotics and Tylenol kick in so he can get rested tonight. These are the times I wish I could put him in bed next to me like we did when he was a baby...

2 comments:

ktm said...

poor baby! ugh. it's the worst, just the worst.

Heidi Ho said...

I'm all for the rules about the bed being out the window in times of sickness! Doesn't everyone just want to cuddle when they feel yucky??? : ) Remember, dada is easier to say!!! hahaha