Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Returning Home

Dominic and I got snow bound at Grammies. Just returned home this morning. Took Ryan over 6 hours to get home from DC last night. We had a great time at Gramma's house. It is so funny to see how Dominic acts there. All of a sudden he started blowing kisses. Gramma taught him how to make indian noises with his hand and mouth. He thought that was so funny. Sleep training seems to be paying off. Dominic slept for the first time at Gramma's ever. I probably just shot myself in the foot by typing that out, but so far things seem to be looking up. Hopefully they continue to improve.

Received this via e-mail today and found it to be very insighful. Thought I would share it with everyone. Our Holiday adventures begin this weekend so keep posted for daily updates on Dominic's second Christmas!

A Wise Woman’s Stone

A wise woman who was traveling in the mountains found a precious stone in a stream. The next day she met another traveler who was hungry, and the wise woman opened her bag to share her food.

The hungry traveler saw the precious stone and asked the woman to give it to him. She did so without hesitation.

The traveler left rejoicing in his good fortune. He knew the stone was worth enough to give him security for a lifetime.

But, a few days later, he came back to return the stone to the wise woman.

"I've been thinking," he said. "I know how valuable this stone is, but I give it back in the hope that you can give me something even more precious. Please give me what you have within you that enabled you to give me this stone."

Sometimes it's not the wealth you have but what's inside you that others need.

~Source Unknown

Here's a great little verse to remember...

Fear less, hope more;
Whine less, breathe more;
Talk less, say more;
Hate less, love more;
And all good things are yours.

No comments: