How wonderful it is to see the sun today! I feel like a new person. I wanted to share some exciting news with everyone. Last night we had a break through with Dominic's ever so loved word "da." Usually everything is "da." He actually said "eyes" last night. We are trying to teach him eyes, nose and mouth. He can point to them, just can't say them yet...well not until last night. The only other word he has been saying lately is "hi," it sounds more like a karate chop "hi-ya," but hey, I'll take it.
I think we are going to invest in a leash b/c now he thinks he can walk around stores without holding hands. We have had to mishaps that ended with his head hitting the floor in Target and the Mall. I never thought I would be one of the parents using a leash on their kid, but hey, my kid is a little wild. Or, as my mom likes to say, "active." I just tell her she is being nice. Summer can't come soon enough for me. I can see me spending a lot of time outside chasing Dominic around the yard and playing football, baseball and basketball. Maybe then, he will sleep through the night. ha ha A mom can wish, can't she?
2 comments:
yay!!!! so sweet. and believe me, i have contemplated the leash many a time. putting up the tree tonight. just cannot wait to see how long it takes for him to pull that over.
Sarah,
Beautiful blog page! If there is one thing I have learned from my kids it is this: What I think I stand behind in my parenting today, I may change tomorrow! You are blessed with a healthy, "active", curious toddler! What a great smile he has too!
Tama
Post a Comment