Sunday, December 7, 2008

Date Night

After another week of Dominic's wild sleep pattern, my mom came to the rescue. She braved the storm last night and babysat so my husband and I could go out on a date. We had orginally planned to go to dinner and do some errands, but the storm changed our plans. Instead, we bundled up and had a nice walk to Puglioni's. Although it was freezing, it was just nice to hold hands a talk. We had a great dinner. He had Shrimp Diablo and I had Pesto Pasta with chicken. I think I ate enough to feed a small country. (So much for my weigh in on Monday!-Sorry Tama!) After dinner we walked home and made sure my mom wasn't going to drive home. My mom helped me bathe Dominic. A past time he has grown to love. Once we got him to bed, I sat up in bed with my mom and we talked for hours. It reminded me of when I was young. Just as I decided to head to bed myself Dominic's night awakenings began. I'm still struggling to figure out how to deal with this child's night time marathons. The plus for this weekend was that this morning my mom took over and I actually slept in until 8:00. Thank God. I feel like a new woman today.

No comments: