My new resolution to be a better wife, mother, and find time for myself to fullfill a passion. I will use this blog to share my balancing act.
Wednesday, January 28, 2009
Sign from God
I was touched by God today. Seriously. I have been sick since Sunday and after this day I felt the urge to get these thoughts out. My son and I have been suffering from this serious stomach bug. He slowly recovering in much better shape that I am. This plague hit us at a very tough time. Busy time at work for husband, so he was forced to work while I somehow managed the first few days of this pooping marathon by myself. I think I went through a box of diapers in just the first 24 hours. It has been terrible. I tried very hard to push my illness away to focus on my little boy until last night. I broke. To many days of racing on no food, no drink and no sleep. I wanted to call in the troops, my mom of course. However a snowy 857 forced me to go this one on my own. I did it, I woke up every day just hoping to get through the 8 hours until my husband came home to relieve me. Last night was it. After 6 hours of no sleep and up and down arobics from my bed to the nursery I caved. I threw in the towel. I unplugged the monitor and told my husband I can't do this anymore. I can't! He of course has helped in the best ways he knew how, but sometimes a sick baby just wants his mommy. (This being a new trend for my son and I you know.) When I awoke this morning to crying, my husband already at work and the sky still dark I knew I had to do something. I went to the bathroom to gain my composure and prayed. I prayed to God to give me the strenghth to make it through today. I just felt like I had nothing left. After this emotional unload I gathered myself up and trudged to the nursery to retrieve my son. I made breakfast and then asked him very nicely to watch Elmo while I lay on the couch. I'm not really sure if he understood me or not, but he responded very well. I broke down and called my husband to come home b/c I need to the car to see the Dr. He agreed and was home in minutes. When the Dr. walked into the room this morning I think he knew I was a mother in need. After reviewing my symptoms he so kindly asked me if I would mind staying for a while so they could give me an IV of fluids for dehydration. If I had the strength I would have laughed at the moment. Instead I just said "anything you need to do." A nurse "an angel I think" excorted me to a bed and covered me with warm blankets. I'm not sure how long I was there or what happened in that room, but I slept like a baby. When I finally got home my husband so kindly had my son in bed for his nap so I went straight to bed. My son is still sleeping. He has never slept like this before. It is almost like he knew. Today was a blessing. I could have never have gotten through without that Dr., the bed, the IV, the warm blankets. Thank God. Just enough time to return to mom mode until this evening when I can once again snuggle back to bed and SLEEP.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh honey! I'm so sorry you are suffering. I understand those moments..the giving up and the hospital one. That moment of "giving in/up"..where someone else has to just step in because your steps can't go any further. I wish I had more I could do for you from here. Those heated blankets at the doctor's office...I think they are from heaven in and of themselves. I remember being pregnant, sick, and going into Mon General for "the scan" that detailed Sophie's condition. I was shaking all over from fear and illness. The ultrasound tech said, "Hold on...I'll be right back." She came back with one of those warmed blankets. I think it was the only way they could get an accurate scan (if I stopped shaking), but I will NEVER forget that moment of exhaling.. I'm sure God is with you..after all, you are an angel yourself!!
i wish i could of been there to help you, i think we both need to move about 20 mintues closer, then we will only be 2o mins apart!!! i would of risked getting that horrifying virus to give some relief!!!
i have been meaning to come back and post on this for days. you poor, poor thing. i swear, and i know you never would, if you ever, EVER need a hand i am here! my mom is here, matt has a flexible schedule, i have vacation. i am always here to help!!!
Post a Comment