My new resolution to be a better wife, mother, and find time for myself to fullfill a passion. I will use this blog to share my balancing act.
Tuesday, January 6, 2009
Break Through
He cried...he actually cried. I know this sounds terrible, but for me it was life changing. Last night I met some friends for coffee. When I left Dominic followed me to the door and started crying when I told him "bye, bye." I felt terrible shutting the door and leaving him with his daddy, but selfishly I was so excited. He actually reacted to me leaving. See, up until this point he never cared. He always cried when his daddy left the house, the room, even just out of arms length. He always could care less where I was or where I was going. Yesterday was life changing. I felt like finally I made a break through. Maybe it was the eight hours of playing cars, or my great idea to turn all my mixing bowls into a drum set. I don't know, but I loved it. I didn't love the crying, but I loved what it meant. Finally, he was sad to see me go. Finally!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment