My new resolution to be a better wife, mother, and find time for myself to fullfill a passion. I will use this blog to share my balancing act.
Thursday, January 22, 2009
Thoughts
I'm not sure if it is the weather or possiblly the cabin fever I'm severly suffering right now, but I find myself thinking about my pre-mommy life a lot lately. I love being a mom don't get me wrong, but I wish someone would have explained to me the pull you feel between being a mom and giving up your "pre-baby self." I don't think men get this at all. I mean, I was a very goal oriented person. Loved working, had a great job. Enjoyed MOST of the people I worked with, cough cough. I knew in my heart I wanted to have a family and be a mom. I count myself lucky that I was able to learn from my first failed marriage to make this one that much better. I guess being shut up in a house for this long makes me want to be more motivated, creative....instead I find myself watching Barney, Backyardigans and Elmo next to my 14 months old. The sad part is I will look over and he is playing with trucks and I realize I'm really the one that has watched 30 minutes of "I love you, you love me..." Don't get me wrong, I am very grateful that I have the ability to stay at home and raise my son. For the most part, I love it. I just wonder sometimes if other moms feel this way. Maybe stay at home dads feel this way to, I just haven't come across any in my lifetime. Oh well, I guess it just feels better to get those thoughts out. Spring can't come soon enough. Lots more to do outside and lots more activities to keep me busy. That is the way I like it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i am 100% sure other moms feel the way you feel sometimes... and that's why us girls have to stick together and make time for "ladie's night" - i am quite sure it's the rotten weather, cabin fever, etc. however, this will pass, and it will be back to days outside in the sun, walking through the neighborhood,swimming, and night where it doesn't get dark until 9pm.
and honestly, sometimes (i think) we have to think about the other life we once had, or different paths our lives could have taken to really help us appreciate what we do have.
all your thoughts are normal... hell, if you didn't have them, then i think i'd be worried about you :0)
Post a Comment