Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year, New You

The real headline for this blog should be Purge. I got this burst of energy lately to purge everything. I started with my closet, then moved to the pantry, then to the hall closet. Next the kitchen. I'm so tired of looking at things we haven't touched in years. Why have it? Really?

Dominic is basically back to 100%. Still on meds, but they will be gone in a few days. Our battle with the binky was going so well until this illness took over. Now the binky won again. I've realized that Monday will be a tough day here. Daddy will be back at work so Dominic will be in complete withdraw. The binky will be staying in the crib until nap time and night time. Feedings will resume in the highchair (something daddy doesn't stick with b/c of outbursts!). Oh boy, will I have my hands full. Oh well, I might as well enjoy the next few days while I can.

This new year I plan to care less. Care less about keeping my house clean and staying on schedule. This for everyone who knows me will be a real challenge. I would like to read more and attempt to enjoy today instead or always worrying about tomorrow. I'd also like to start going back to church. This has been a struggle for us for a while now, but I think I'm up for the challenge. Although these things seem like big tasks I think they are obtainable. I have 12 months, right? Plenty of time.


Dominic officially turned 14 months yesterday. Hard to believe. Here was my attempt at a 14 months picture with mom.

1 comment:

Heidi Ho said...

beautiful mommy, beautiful boy!