Tuesday, January 13, 2009

The Miracle of Life

The birth of a child is such a miracle. Giving birth I think is something that connects all women young and old. For the past two days my thoughts were focused on my best friend as she worked hard to welcome her first little girl into this world. Memories flooded my thoughts of the day/night I welcomed Dominic into my life. Children are truly a blessing. It is an amazing gift that only women can experience. The past 48 hours for me have been filled with so many emotions. My eyes are full of tears, not of sadness, but of joy. I know today that my friend awoke to see her new little one staring at her and her heart is full. She awoke a different woman today, a mom. For this I am so grateful.

Hugs to all of you out there who are my friends. I love you all and I am so happy that each of you have a place in my life.

1 comment:

Heidi Ho said...

now u r making me cry. great post Sarah.