My new resolution to be a better wife, mother, and find time for myself to fullfill a passion. I will use this blog to share my balancing act.
Saturday, January 24, 2009
Quite Pleasures
Ok, so I'm having a guilty mommy moment. Woke up this morning and knew right away something was off with Dominic. He was extremely cranky and not like himself. The whole day just unraveled from there. By 2:00, I hussled Daddy and Son out the door to go pet store visiting and to give me some time to myself. I should be laying down napping, but instead I ran around the house cleaning and organizing. Now, I finally settled down to take a nap and now I feel guilty. I can't sleep. Instead I'm laying on the couch watching "Must Love Dogs," which totally reminds me of my relationship. Oh how much fun those early days of dating were for us. Lots of dates to dinner, movies and trips. Care free and relaxed. Both of us younger, rested and comfortable. I can still remember what he wore on our first date, down to the shoes. How funny. Wow, I shove them off and now I miss them. Why do mom's always have to feel guilty when they enjoy such selfish pleasures as a quiet hour alone? I guess I'll never know.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I do the same thing Sarah... my hubby takes my daughter because I need some "me" time and then as soon as they leave, I feel guilty and miss them. Its wonderful to hear that I am not the only one that has these "mommy feelings". I am so thankful for you and our group of friends.
Post a Comment