Thursday, April 30, 2009

Just Time for Us

Looking for some down time. R returned last night from trip number two. Still have one more to go next week, but at least we have a few days in between. Dominic and I have had some serious bonding time lately. It has been great. Wishing we could have some family time together though. Thinking about this summer and how it will be our last just the three of us. Hoping to plan some fun things like Idewild, the zoo and maybe even Sesame Place for Dominic. It hit me today that we leave for vacation in like 6 weeks. I have nothing planned yet which is so unlike me. Risking the long drive this time instead of flying to save some money. Not sure how that will go over. Hopefully the night driving will work out. I was laying in bed last night thinking about if Dominic will even remember all this time we have spent together just the two of us. Will he even have memories of life without his sister/brother? It would make me sad to think he wouldn't, but I know deep down he probably won't. I guess it is good I take millions of pictures.

Dominic is really demonstrating his independence this week. He figured out how to pull up the heater vents. I caught him trying to throw toys down one this morning. THEN, I walked in on him coloring the toliet in the bathroom. I so wanted to laugh, and get the camera, but I know I had to be the mom. Thank God they wash off.

Tomorrow is the big 16+ weeks appointment. I'm so excited to finally hear this baby. Hoping to schedule the big ultrasound too. May should be filled with many things to look forward to for us. For today though, I plan to stay in sweats, clean and enjoy my decaf from McDonalds. It's just one of those days.

No comments: