Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Observation Day

Today was eye opening. The Developmental Specialist came this morning and played with D. It was very humbling to watch him respond to her questions. If this is a preview for what having him in school will be like I'm going to fail miserably. It was tough. I realized today my son has no patience, a very small attention span and doesn't respond to his own name. This morning was a turning point for me. I have to get tougher. I have to play better and I have to pay attention. Less TV and more interaction. Ugh, I'm even more interested now to read the full report. The joys of motherhood, it never gets dull, that is for sure.

Baby E is 15 weeks today. I'm beginning to silently count down to my appointment next week. Hoping for a heart beat this time and crossing my fingers and toes for the BIG ultrasound. I know it is a stretch, but I'm going to keep wishing.

2 comments:

Heidi Ho said...

First off, he's not supposed to have a long attention span. He's a little one!! The average kindergartener has like a 30 second attention span... I feel like I'm on speed when I teach them!!! I have to take a breather when I'm done!!

Also, YOU ARE A FABULOUS MOM!!! I mean, come on...you take D. outside all the time, you are right with him when he's playing in the play area...you cuddle him and talk to him and interact more than I think you realize. He is going to be just fine!

It's these people's profession to know the "exact" right way to do things. It is impossible to be that perfect!! Do the best you can and don't run yourself ragged. Think of all the clueless parents out there that have beautiful,wonderful, healthy kids...(I'll be honest, I've met some BAD parents with really cool kids!) You and your little one are awesome!

Unknown said...

Hey girl! I agree with Heidi.. you are a FANTASTIC mom and you have an AWESOME little boy! Hang in there :)