I feel like this is a test. Is someone testing to me see how much I can really handle? Is this just a test to prepare me for all the stress that will come in the next six months? I'm not sure, but I could really use a good dose of health around here.
D came down with a fever of 103.7 Monday night. It was the worst fever he has had. Sat up rocking him all night while he laid limp in my arms. He threw up both doses of tylenol yesterday. Ironically both events occured all over his father which was a blessing for me b/c I think that would have pushed me over the edge. I've felt like vomiting now for three months and I think that would have opened the door. After I called and tried to see the Dr. early in the morning we decided to head to Urgent Care b/c I wasn't about to wait two hours for someone to see D. Obviously some people don't see a fever and vomiting as important. After a wonderful visit full of tantrums, screaming, kicking and snot balls we found out he has yet another ear infection.
I'm struggling to get him to take the antibiotic b/c he screams at the sight of the syringe. I finally got him to take a nap this afternoon and I am hoping some rest will help out some. I just need someone to give me some advice on how to sneak this medicine into this little guy. I've tried the medi bottle, putting it in juice...he won't take it. I've even tried pinning him down and he spits it right up all over the place.
On a side note, if you haven't seen Monday's episode of Oprah you need to check it out. It was all about the things no one told you about being a mother. It was great. A must see.
2 comments:
Oh Sarah....I'm sorry D is so sick...I think I'm a day late on this blog though.As for the meds....all I can tell you is to go into his mouth on the side, between his tongue and wall of his cheek.
put the syringe as far back as you can. This way, the meds don't hit his taste buds or cause the "gag" reflex to kick in. It sort of runs down the side of this throat before he gets a chance to push it out. I think it's easier for them to swallow it. That's what the nurses taught me when I had to dose Sophie a million times a day!
I hope that helps!
poor mommy and poor D. sounds like he rallied in time for easter. hope you are feeling better as well. i don't know how you're doing it!
Post a Comment