My new resolution to be a better wife, mother, and find time for myself to fullfill a passion. I will use this blog to share my balancing act.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
My Happy Place
I'm sitting here watching the snow whirl around the last few lingering leaves on the trees outside. The husband is napping the boy is napping. Just me and the hum of the baby monitor. Oh how I love these moments. BD, that is what my husband and I say when we refer to our life "before Dominic, I would probably be curled up in my room reading on a cold snowy day like today. Now, instead of the bed, I secretly use the bathroom as my sanity saver. I say, "gotta go, can you watch him?" Then I sneak off with this month's issue of Better Homes and Gardens. With the door locked I'll put the fan on and let out a breath. It's not about "using the bathroom," but what I can do while I'm locked in there all by myself. I sometimes read, paint my nails, call my mom. It's funny really. Never once during these selfish moments do I think about how dirty the toliet looks or the finger prints all over the mirror. I just relish in the time I have to myself. When my nails are dry or my article has ended I always make sure to flush the toliet (wouldn't want the boys to catch on to my secret), wash my hands and open the door to my life feeling renewed. Some may call it weird, but I call it my happy place.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that sounds like fun!!! you deserve those moments!
Post a Comment