Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving! My boys are taking a nap, that includes Dad, which I'm still struggling to understand. However, it gave me a good moment to write down some thoughts for today.

Although the holidays are tough with traveling and the hussle and bussle, I so enjoy every minute. This year, I'm thankful for the health of my family and friends. I'm thankful that Ryan and I managed to survive the first year of Dominic's life as new parents and Dominic seemed to come out just fine. I love my little boy so much and thank God every day that I was blessed with such an amazing child. It is funny how much can change in 12 months. When he came into the world we were so lost and had so many questions. Now, we seem like we have been doing this for years. ;-)

I'm thankful that I was able to quit work last year to stay home with Dominic. It was tough at first, but now I cherish every day that I spend with him. He is growing up so fast.

I'm thankful that I have a husband that is supportive and although sometimes overprotective, a great father. I love the family that we have become.

I'm thankful for the friends that I have had for years and the new ones I've recently made. Without them I'm not sure how I would survive. (I'm also thankful for pottery night. It is almost like a spa day for me...well almost!)

And most of all, I'm thankful that for the first time in my life I feel content with everything. I'm happy! I have everything that is imporant to me and it is a great feeling.

So, to all of my friends and family out there. I love you guys and I hope that this Thanksgiving you can spend it with the people you love most in your life. Enjoy today and create the memories you will cherish forever!

2 comments:

Heidi Ho said...

Have a great day witht the family!! Great post! Full of positive energy, as always!

ktm said...

this post made me smile :)