Friday, November 21, 2008

It's Beginning to Feel like Christmas

I think this weather, especially the snow, has made me forget that Thanksgiving is next week. I feel like all day I've been itching to get out my Christmas decorations. I keep telling myself, it is to soon. I love decorating for Christmas. I'm especially excited for this year because I want to make it special for Dominic. Tomorrow I will be leaving my men at home (probably the first time for a long time) to spend the day with my mom at a holiday craft fair. I'm crossing my fingers I can find some cool crafty decorations. I'm really looking forward to this Christmas because we have all decided not to buy gifts for one another. Instead some of us have chose to buy things or help someone in need. I really think this is going to be a great tradition to continue, and I hope I can show Dominic that the holidays are not about getting, but giving. Giving of time, love and consideration. Not just stuff. I think to many of us get wrapped up in the whole shopping and spending to truly appreciate this time of year. I plan on taking in every moment and starting some traditions that I hope Dominic can remember for the rest of his life.

2 comments:

Mary Kathryn said...

I feel the same way. Soon Christmas will be year-round. I mean, let's just go for it. BTW, I feel as if I know you since Heidi has talked about you a lot! Cute blog.

Heidi Ho said...

I love this idea! Doing for others...Kids just don't know about that anymore, believe me. Let me know what you decide to do!

Get those decorations out and I'll live vicariously through you!! If we get anything else out in our house it may implode!

Have fun with the mommy day out! Are you going to the craft fair in town or out of town?