Friday, November 7, 2008

Moms

Heard some bad news today about someone close to our family. Isn't it funny how as a mother your immediately drawn to people in need. It is like your maternal instinct takes over. I'm praying today that all goes well and everything turns out to be fine.

I was thinking this morning that two years ago I was so driven professionally. I was always working hard to get ahead. Promotions, financial increases etc. I had work friends and I had non-work friends. Then, all of a sudden I had a son and my world changed. Over night, what I wanted or needed did not matter anymore. Now I am happy if the bills are paid and we have free time on the weekend just to stay in our pj's and watch cartoons as a family. I don't have work friends and non-work friends, I just have FRIENDS. I find happiness now in not only my own child's successes, but my friend's children as well. I feel blessed that my life is so full.

No comments: