My new resolution to be a better wife, mother, and find time for myself to fullfill a passion. I will use this blog to share my balancing act.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Holiday Tradition
Ok, so our Thanksgiving vacation officially started this afternoon. We decided to take "wild man" to the mall to exercise some of his energy and attempt to see Santa. I was so excited. When we arrived the mall was packed with crazed children running everywhere. We immediately made our way to Santa in hopes to find a short line. Instead we found an empty chair. Santa was on break. We decided to play in the kids area and Dominic loved it. He also got to climb on the tractors in front of Sears. Another one of his favorite activities. I swear this kid will be a farmer, or one of those guys with a tiny yard and a big lawn mower. When the time finally came, we anxiously watched as Santa came down the hall. I was a little nervous for Dominic to spot him first so I tried to get his attention. Luckily there was no one else in line when we got to the North Pole area. As Santa took his seat, I tried to explain to Dominic how great Santa was and how cool he looked in his red outfit. I slowly placed Dominic on Santa's lap and continued to ramble on about how awesome this guy dressed in red was. Bless his heart. Dominic took one look at the bearded old man and welled up in tears. I think the camera caught a shot right before the tears began to fall. Dominic's daddy swept him off of Santa's lap so fast I did not even see where they went. I was left to pay and wait for the photos. So much for Dominic's first big Christmas tradition! Maybe I should have started with mild and cookies?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment