Thursday, March 26, 2009

Trying My Patience

How is it that a toddler knows the day to test your patience? So far today, my son has attempted to ride the arm of the couch like a pony. Although he thinks it is funny, I just see him falling off and smashing his head. Then, I make him a nice snack of apples, but because I won't give him the WHOLE apple he throws it at me. While screaming in time out for some other offense I yell back, "you are not getting out of there until you act like a big boy." Just then, the door bell rings and I look up to see the mailman turning away quickly. I'm sure he thinks I have my son chained to some secret room in this house. The top of the cake was catching him trying to get into the toliet. Not sit on it, but actually get both feet in the water. I guess God knew I need my voice back today, because I'm sure using it. As I'm typing this, D is in his crib for some down time. Meanwhile he is jumping up and down laughing at me. I'm soooo glad he finds all of the events of today amusing.I guess these are all the things your mother "forgets" to tell you when your pregnant.

No comments: