Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Saturday Can't Come Soon Enough

T minus 5 days and I will be the big three zero! I can't wait. I've been thinking a lot the past few days about how I think my twenties were a time to find myself. I'm thinking my thirties will be a time to build myself. I feel like I'm ready for this new chapter. So much happened to me over the past 10 years and I'm ready to let go of some of the baggage. I feel like the past 4 years have been the most amazing and I want to start from there. I wish you could erase your memory sometimes. But, you can't, so I'm looking at my thirties as a new beginning. A time to focus on what is really important to me. And Saturday is the perfect start. Mom is coming in early in the morning and staying the WHOLE weekend. I can't wait. Even my brother might stop in for a while. Our day will begin with a morning full of pampering at the Beauty School. Oh how I need some of this in my life right now. Then I told R to put his smile on and be prepared to take me out on a date. And not one that he is not eager to attend. (He has the toughest time leaving his son for these dates with me. ugh) Then a night spent with D, R and my mum. I see a huge gob cake in my future too. Oh, I don't think it can get much better than this. And, the count down begins....

1 comment:

Heidi Ho said...

Welcome to the thirties...They have been the best so far for me!