Friday, February 6, 2009

A Penny for Your Thoughts

It seems from not having a husband this week I have a lot of time to think. I feel like over the past few weeks I've found things out that I probably saw coming, but never thought were really happening. Have I really lived in a cave for the past year? I guess I've learned that you really never know anyone as good as you think you do. It just reinforced to me that I cherish the friends I have and plan on only surrounding myself with people that project positive vibes.

I've also been thinking about how it seems we are never satisified. Why do I always seem to find something I want, don't need, but want? It must be a sickness. I have a wonderful life, I'm going to start trying to enjoy it and not want...maybe that will be a personal goal. What I want right now is a night away with my husband, but that won't happen so I'm voting for my mom. Spa treatments, dinner and a night of eight solid hours of sleep with no interruptions. Why do I feel guilty then, when I think about the price and the time away from the husband and my son? That 24 hour period could buy D new XW shoes, clothes for summer and possibly some summer fun. Ugh, why didn't anyone tell me I would feel guilty treating myself after having a children?

The last and final thought I have today is SUN! Finally some good old fashion sunshine. I can't wait to be out baking in it all weekend. Not to mention my house needs aired out from all this sickness. The countdown to the weekend has officially begun! Everyone enjoy it. I know I will.

No comments: