My new resolution to be a better wife, mother, and find time for myself to fullfill a passion. I will use this blog to share my balancing act.
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
Cleaning Out
So all of a sudden last night the husband got a wild hair to start purging everything from clothes, shoes, electronics etc. I thought a tornadoe had hit our house. I on the other hand had no interest at all to take part in such an adventure. He looked at me at one point and said, "you really should do this too." Ugh. The guilt. So today I started. Anything I haven't worn, used or touched over the past year is now packed snuggly into garbage bags. I've only tackled the closet as D enjoyed getting into everything as I was going through it. He is such a little helper these days. We are now looking for an interested party to buy/take our antique dining room set we got from R Great Aunt. Although I LOVE it, we are just running out of room. I would love to sell it and use the money to buy a new dining room table. One that is child safe and not 100 years old. This one, although beautiful, is just not going to stand up to my monkey like toddler. I think I see us heading to Target tonight to purchase a butt load of storage bins. Hopefully I can keep up with the hubby on this task. You know, when they get motivated you don't really want to discourage the event. I'm hopeful we both can meet the challenge.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
yuck!! I hate to spring clean!!!
Try posting on Craigslist and Ebay... I have alot of K's stuff on there right now and its going really well.
Post a Comment