This is probably the first year I haven't been able to make a list of resolutions. How does a mom with limited free time make resolutions and stick to it? I think due to the past year and some of the health issues that arised with our family I would love to take charge and lead a healthier lifestyle. Not only for me, but for my husband and kids.
Looking back on 2009 I feel truly blessed for so many things. My family for one. Finding out we were going to have our second child last February changed our world yet again. Although the pregnancy led to a very sick nine months, in the end we were blessed with a very sweet little boy. With this birth, I realized that I am VERY happy we only lived 5 miles from the hospital. haha
I'm thankful for the D's speech therapists for all that they did to help R and I work better with D and teach us how to be better parents. Let's face it, we are our children's best teachers.
I would not have made it through some days in 2009 without my wonderful friends. I'm so excited that I was able to gain comfort in giving up my career and settle into my stay at home mom role. All of my mommy friends have fulfilled my life in a way that I did not think was possible. Every mom needs a group of super women like them to make up their momtourage. Ladies you rock!
Most of all I feel like 2009 brought me closer to my family. Thanks to Skype we were able to reconnect with family members all over the country. D was able to meet and talk to his Aunt and Uncles even when we weren't able to drive anywhere. It is helping us stay in touch with everyone we love so much. AND last but certainly not least I'm thankful for my husband. It is no lie that we have worked hard to figure out how to maintain our relationship all the while running and chasing after a toddler and NOW an infant. I feel like we spent 2009 working hard to make a point to make time for eachother. Without him, our two beautiful boys would not exist. I can only hope that 2010 will provide us the opportunity to continue our growth as a couple and provide our boys an example of what love looks like.
Thank you family, friends for making 2009 such a wonderful time in my life. Without you none of this would be possible. Much love and happiness in 2010! Happy New Year!
No comments:
Post a Comment