Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's Potty Time

Over Christmas D decided to show an interest in the potty. Now he is successfully doing number 1 and 2 on the "Big Boy Potty!" We are still working on it, but I'm not really pushing him. He is doing this on his own. I think it was his interest in not wearing clothes and my flipping out about the accidents happening in my kitchen and other places that may have sparks this little endeavor. Hey, I'm not going to argue about it. If he wants to get potty trained, I'm all about it. It is taking up a lot of time though so I'm not thinking he will be wearing big boy undies any time soon. (Note: Never promise Thomas the Train for going poop on the potty, it gets pretty pricey! We should have picked a cheaper prize!)

Today I'm feeling very accomplished. If I was in preschool, I would insist on getting one of those little star stickers, preferably in gold. I managed to take both boys grocery shopping all by myself!!! (Insert patting myself on back here) All in all it was a success. It only took us a good two hours to get out the door, but we made it and I didn't leave a cart half full parked anywhere in the store.

Isaac update...he is now holding his head up and trying to sit up. This mom is really hoping he will be sitting in the excersaucer sooner rather than later.

Overall, everything is going well on this home front. Other than hating snow, ready for spring and feeling like a caged animal we are all doing well. Hoping all of my friends are keeping warm! Happy Hump Day Everyone!

2 comments:

Heidi Ho said...

Thanks for posting! I miss you! and YAY "D" man!!!!

Unknown said...

Way to go D! You guys need to come over here and help us out because we are having no luck whatsoever in the potty dept!

I miss you guys like crazy!

Love ya!