After a tough few weeks Isaac finally gained weight at his appointment yesterday. He gained a whopping whole pound since Monday. I was thrilled. The downside is now he isn't interested in nursing at all. Last night I struggled for an hour each time I fed him trying to get him to latch and stay latched. I've decided this morning that pumping will have to be the way we do this for now on. I can't survive taking care of both boys with no sleep. I'm dissapointed, but I figure pumping is better than giving up all together. I guess I'm just not a great milk producer. That is something I will never understand. For those of you who read this that are struggling with bfeeding too, try out Fenugreek. It's an herbal supplement that seems to be helping me produce a little more milk than I was last week.
Secondly, this weekend is going to be jammed pack. I can't even believe D will be turning two on Sunday. I can not wait for him to get to his party. It's the first time he will have seen his friends since before Isaac came. I'm most excited for him to see all the monkey stuff. It seems like just yesterday he came into this world and now he is a big bother. How time flies.
Thirdly, I was a little nervous about having two boys. However, after that past few weeks I realize that I was meant to have boys. Last night I was looking at D playing with his trains and I was holding Isaac and it felt perfect. I'm sure over the next few months as Isaac grows it will get tougher, but I'm sure in the end they will grow up to be the best of friends. I can't wait.
No comments:
Post a Comment