Tuesday, October 20, 2009

And The There Were Four

So we have survived the first two weeks. Today was the first day I was on double duty alone. It went well. Lots of multitasking. Not much free time. I'm getting better at nursing and playing trains at the same time. I've even had some long talks with D about how Isaac eats. He nows says "boobies." Like father, like son I guess.

The only frustrating thing right now is that Isaac isn't gaining weight. He is maintaining, but I have one more week to try and then they are going to make me supplement. I just don't understand why breast feeding comes so hard for me. This same thing happened with D and I only lasted three months. Once the supplementing started my milk decreased. I really thought it was going better this time around. So, I'm nursing, pumping and eating a milkshake a day. I feel sick from eating so much (apparently they tell me it will help.) I'm just hoping that something gives and Isaac gains this week b/c I really didn't want to have to deal with bottle and formula this time.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hang in there girl. Breastfeeding is hard work! And if you have to supplement or go to all formula... big deal.. he is going to be an awesome kid just like D no matter what. :)