Saturday, November 7, 2009

It May Be Busy Life, But it's My Life!

Enjoying a quiet afternoon at home with the little man. Dad took D to his cousin's birthday party and Isaac and I are homebound, trying to avoid Swine fever. I'm watching some old school Dirty Dancing and relaxing.

I don't have much time to write since little Isaac came along. I will try to catch you up on our adventure. So far Isaac is a much different baby than D. He is very laid back and mellow. He is cuddly and sweet. I love watching him sleep because he lets out little giggles and if I'm lucky, he even offers up a big glorious smile. The struggles we have been dealing with now are the fact that he won't breastfeed. I'm basically pumping when I can and giving him formula now. He went three weeks without gaining weight, but now weighs a whooping 8 pounds 7 oz. He is finally fitting into D's baby clothes. Hey, it only took a month! After trying a variety of formulas, we are onto soy. The pour guy is the gasiest baby I've ever met. We are hoping the soy helps with the gas and spitting up.

Dominic has finally taken to Isaac. Although he still wants his mommy and daddy all to himself, he has now become my little helper. When Isaac is upset Dominic yells, "Mama Isaac is crying!" It is so cute.

My days are full and fly by. I feel like I'm always picking up toys or changing diapers. To keep a house running with two kids takes a lot of time management. I feel like when Isaac isn't awake I'm trying to play with D. When D is watching TV I'm holding Isaac and folding clothes, making dinner or all those other household duties. The hardest party of having two kids, for me, is spreading the love. Luckily I have two arms for hugs and two legs for cuddle time on the couch, but it is hard to balance spreading the attention to two. I'm not sure how you do it with three. I guess we can leave that for another day.

No comments: