Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Mixture of Emotions

Why is it that bad things happen to good people? I've spent the last few days contemplating this and just can't figure it out. Ironically, as I was sitting in the Dr. office yesterday I looked down on the table and found a booklet with daily readings. I turned to the correct day and read the words. Sitting back I tried to reflect on the meaning. It's not what the book said that made me realize something, but in that moment I figured out why I was watching this horrible event happen to yet another friend. I truly believe you meet people and endure experiences to help you deal with future events. Luckily for me God provided me the path that introduced me to some of the greatest women I have ever met. They came to me at a time when I needed help, a shoulder to lean on, an ear to listen and offered me the advice I needed to survive the past year. As each one of them have helped me in their own way, I realized yesterday that it is now my turn to return the favor. I need to take what I've learned from my past experiences and help my friend that is hurting more than anyone should ever have to hurt. So although it may seem like the past is reinventing itself, I need to use it to help this time and hopefully someday I will figure out why this horrible thing had to occur to such a wonderful person.

As we approach Thanksgiving I know I will be reflecting on all the things I am thankful for in life. If there is one thing I'm taking away from the pain of this week it is to not take anyone for granted. I feel truly blessed to have such a wonderful support group of friends and family around me and I can only hope that they think I give to them even just a little bit of what they all give to me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So Beautiful Sarah!

Love ya!