Monday, August 10, 2009

Officially A Mini Van Mother

It's official. I'm finally old. R broke down and brought home a mini van late Thursday evening. Although I tried to contain myself, I was very happy. The good old Camry wasn't keeping up with this growing family, and after our last little episode I was nervous about driving her. When Dominic and I came home from the park and he walked into the garage he looked at the van and then at me and said, "WHOA!" When Ryan came out and asked him if he wanted to take a ride he practically jumped into the door. Once strapped into his car seat he started singing the opening song to the "Little Einsteins." I think he thinks we now have a rocket ship. Too cute.

After a very busy week of dealing with plumbers, car salesman, painters and auto body mechanics I was ready for a relaxing weekend. We enjoyed ourselves that is for sure. Spent Saturday with Gramma E and ate some awesome homemade chili from the garden. (Note: This pregnant lady was thinking with her stomach and not with her head as I ate two bowls..not pretty. Thank God for Tums.) Sunday we spent the afternoon at the Waynesburg Pool and Dominic loved it. I just couldn't help but smile watching R and D play in the water together. It gave me butterflies to see the two of them so happy. Dominic's laugh bounced all over the water. It was a perfect day to be a wife and mother.

This week marks the eight week point for Baby E's arrival. Dr's this week and I have a few last minute things I need to try to get soon. Other than that, R and I are still bouncing names back and forth and trying to wrap our brains around the fact that we will be playing man on man sooner than we think.

2 comments:

Heidi Ho said...

Yay for the van!!! What kind did you decide on?? We are thinking that way ourselves!!! It is simply too hard to get the bigger carseat in and out of a little subaru.

The pool sounds like fun! Did you see Valerie there?

We miss you guys so much! Mama is going a bit crazy these days!!! ; )

Unknown said...

Great news on the minivan!!! You were in Waynesburg on Sunday??? You should have called us... we were so close to going to pool but then got sidetracked on other household chores. You better call me next time or else! LOL Just joking :)