Sunday, June 21, 2009

Vacation with Toddler

I was really looking forward to our vacation this year. It was a lot of fun to see how much Dominic had changed since last year. He loved the beach and the pool. He was on the go 24/7. This was not a vacation for mom and dad that is for sure. I think it took us three days to get back to normal. Exhaustion is not even a word to describe how Ryan and I returned from the sunny beaches of NC. We had a great time, but I think we will take a break from vacationing beach side for a few years until the boys are a little older.

On the plus side, Ryan somehow trained Dominic to fall asleep in the crib for naps without rocking. What a blessing. It was great to see the two of them bond so much over the past week. I'm sure tomorrow will bring new challenges as Dominic adjusts to days full of just mom.

Tonight we bought Dominic a t-ball set and taught him how to play baseball. He loved it and we loved it. It was so much fun. It amazes me to see how much he grows every day.

As for pregnancy number 2. I'm whooped. I forgot how tough it was to be pregnant in the summer. Baby E is getting bigger which means I am getting bigger. It is beginning to be a struggle to continue to stay in shape. I'm going to keep trying hard though. I need it. I never knew how hard it would be to be pregnant and chase around a toddler. I'm trying to think of it as training for what is to come.

Tomorrow I have to return to reality. Vacation is over and the week begins. Ugh. I miss this week already!

No comments: