Monday, July 13, 2009

Poopfest 2009

I feel like I've been up to my eye balls in poop since last Tuesday. Dominic hasn't eaten a meal since last Monday. I finally got him to eat some bananas and mashed potatoes today. Still poops. I feel like we have really had a run of illness that past 6 months. Totally frustrating. On a positive note, we left Dominic for our longest stretch this weekend. Although not over night, it was a BIG step for us. I was busy with bridesmaid duties all weekend. My mom watched D all day Saturday and through the night for us. It was the first time someone other than me or R put him to bed. It was such a relief for me to know that he did fine. Even being sick. I never dreamed this job as a mother would be so hard. I worry because he is sick, I worry because he isn't eating, I worry because he poops non stop. Does the worrying ever stop?

1 comment:

Heidi Ho said...

I was up all night doing my worrying too. I understand. The fear of explaining your kid's idiosyncricies is almost as hard as leaving them. I'm proud of you and Ryan!!!! Good Job!! Hope everyone is feeling better.