Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Quiet Moment

A quiet moment in our house is far and few between these days. It just seemed like the right time to blog a little bit this afternoon as both boys slept. Seeing the snow falling outside and the Christmas tree lit, is getting me in the mood for some jingle bells. A lot has happened in our life this year. I feel very blessed. Thanksgiving was a perfect day for us, as we spent time with our loved ones. The whole weekend I forced myself to enjoy the kids and let everything else go. It was hard, but well worth the few days we all had to spend together.

This has always been my favorite time of year. I feel like this year will be even more special for all of us. Dominic took time to help decorate the tree. He really added a touch of his own creative juices to the arrangement. Isaac of course is only interested in undecorating it. At this point, I will just be glad if the tree is still standing by Christmas! ;-) My cards are done and most of the gifts are wrapped. My focus for the next few weeks will be baking with Dominic and working on some holiday projects. I love that this year I can recreate the Christmas that my mom always had for me when I was young. In the end, spending time with your loved ones is what this time of year is all about. I plan on taking full advantage.

No comments: