Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Thankful

It's already that time of year again. I'm just finding it hard to believe that it is already the week of Thanksgiving. As always, with the spririt of the holiday the boys are sick..well Dominic is recovered, but Isaac's lingering cold from the past three weeks turned into a very stubborn ear infection.In my mommy knows best style, I phoned the doc this morning first thing and got him an appointment this afternoon.

During the holiday it seems like moms everywhere put on their capes to fight colds, buys gifts, cook meals, bake cookies and somehow manage to create and mail cards. Although it does make my (and other mom's/wives) normal day that much more "busy," I do all this to create the memories for my boys that my mom made for me. Sometimes in the midst of all the crazyiness I wish I could stop time for one second and just soak it all in...the smells, the sounds, the warmth. Because at the end of the day, I'm most thankful for the fact that I can share these special times with the important people in my life.

It seems like this past year as flown by for me. The boys have grown up so much. I'm beginning to realize that if I don't step back sometimes to enjoy the moment it really is going to pass me by. That's why this year, I'm going to try to not let the stress of the day get to me and just enjoy the time I have with my family.

I hope everyone reading this enjoys there time with their families as well. It is the last Thanksigivng for 2010 so we all might as well make each moment count! Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: