Due to a month long illness that the doctor fears might be whooping cough, the boys and I have been forced to spend the past week or two indoors with limited trips. It was pretty hard for me to miss my family Christmas gathering, but in a way I'm taking this all as a sign. It was time for us to stay put. Spend some time together and rest. Luckily for me, my shopping was done, and Dominic helped with the baking or I probably would be having a harder time accepting this lockdown. All in all, we are all on the upswing. Finally feeling better and feeling rested, which for us, has been a long time coming. Dominic is anxiously counting down the days...asking me every five minutes, "how many more days until Santa comes?" Isaac is moving and shaking these days. He is determined to keep up with Dominic's every move.
I think that all of the childish excitement is wearing off on me too. I was laying next to Dominic in bed last night and asked "So, when you went shopping with daddy what did you buy for mommy?" He replied, "Diamonds!" Before I could even let the giddiness creep into my bones he included, "and circles and squares too!" It's moments like this that I wish I could bottle up in my memory forever.
It's the idea that having kids now allows me to be a kid again at Christmas time. For us, the sights and sounds of the season are surrounding us and I can't wait to see the boys expressions on Christmas morning.
No comments:
Post a Comment