I so need to update this blog, but I think that will have to wait until Fall, when I am consumed by the four walls of the house once again. I can't even believe it is August already.
I haven't written in a while. I have lots to say though, but limited spare time to do it. The boys are really finding their own personalities now. I had no idea the fighting would start this soon. Isaac is all over Dominic. Dominic is having trouble learning to share. Time outs are a common occurance anymore. Isaac turns 10 months this week. It is hard for me to think that in two short months I will be cleaning the bottles out of the kitchen for GOOD! Isaac is well on his way to walking. It seems he is hitting his milestones much quicker than I would like. Maybe it's because I want him to be small for a lot longer. Dominic got his expectance letter into preschool last week. I felt my heart sink. I know this will be just as good for him as it will be for me. He is so grown up now. His vocabulary has grown over the past few months. Sometimes I am in awe over the things he says to me. I honestly had no idea how having two boys would change my life. My house is fuller, my heart is fuller and my hands are really full.
Yesterday for me started at 5am. Both boys were very cranky all day. By 6 last night I was in the kitchen. Isaac was on the floor wimpering and grabbing at my knees. Dominic was wining about one thing or another and I just turned to them both and said, "Do you know what this makes me feel like?" AND then I crossed my eyes and made a googly face, blowing rasberries out my mouth. The room went completely silent and they stared at me. When my face retured to normal all three of us busted out laughing. I now understand why laughter really is the best medicine.
It is a non stop show here most days, but I wouldn't trade it for the world.
1 comment:
Sometimes it's hard to stop for a second and enjoy the kids when there is so much to be done... But it is obviously so worth it! :)
Post a Comment