My new resolution to be a better wife, mother, and find time for myself to fullfill a passion. I will use this blog to share my balancing act.
Monday, August 9, 2010
The Baby that was No More...
Since Dominic has decided that he no longer wants to sleep in his crib, I've had to start laying with him until he falls asleep at night. The other night in the silence I was looking around his dark room and thoughts ran through my mind. I can remember not so long ago when I was rocking him during those long late night hours in the nursery. Now, the pastel walls have been replaced with dump trucks and trains. The rocking chair replaced with a book shelf full of Thomas books and toys. I sadly looked at his empty crib. I couldn't even remember the last time he slept in the crib. I felt depressed, like I missed it. I missed the last night I tucked him in as a little boy. All to quickly he has morphed into this little man. Mr. Independent! As I layed there, I kissed him on the head, and reminded myself that although a part of me was saddened that I no longer had a baby, I was very proud of the big boy that he had become.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment