In an effort to update my blog I'm going to paste and e-mail I sent to some friends earlier in the month. I thought this might sum up our potty training experience here.
"After our little talk last night, I found it a little ironic that Dominic decided upon entry into Kroger this morning that he had to poop! It isn't like I asked him a million times before leaving the house. So I threw him into the cart along with Isaac and ran through the store to the restroom. I forgot my front carrier so I had to push the freaking cart with Isaac into the bathroom too. When I opened the door to the handicap stall (the only one available) the seat had SHIT all over it. About here I had at least 5 swear words in my brain shooting out like fireworks! Dominic of course was very interested, but I told him to not touch a thing. Holding Isaac in the cart with one hand I managed to hold dominic up high enough around the waist to hoover over the disgusting potty. After all was said and done, he looked up and said to me, " just pee mommy, no poop!" Are you flipping kidding!???
Needless to say I totally disinfected all three of us upon our exit of that hell hole bathroom. I don't think any of you should worry to much about your kids being in diapers. Today I really wish mine still was...."
In other news, we took Dominic's crib down last week. His room is officially "grown up!" His first day of preschool is in two weeks. I took both boys school shopping yesterday. Isaac is now sporting his first pair of shoes and is just about to walk. Both boys are always getting into something.
I'm spending this week relishing in the nice 70 degree weather and the feeling of Fall creeping into my house. I made applesauce yesterday from apples off my mother in law's trees. It was so tasty and the house smelled so yummy. I've spent nap time today curled up reading "Eat, Pray, Love." I forgot how cozy Fall feels!
1 comment:
Hey! IF you need mama support about the daycare/pre-school thing. Just holler. I bet school will help the sleeping thing. They tend to wear them out pretty well.
Post a Comment