Thursday, June 3, 2010

An Egidi Family Update

I have like ZERO free time these days so this poor blog is way out of date. Somehow I'm stealing a quiet moment to myself this morning so I will try to give everyone a quick run down.

Fence is up. We love it. I've been using nap times and weekends to work on landscaping and growing grass seed. I can finally see things shaping up now. The boys are loving the space to run and I am loving the fact that Dominic isn't escaping.

Dominic is officially potty trained. I'm not really sure how it happened, but one day he just decided clothes and diapers weren't for him anymore. I think he mostly enjoys the whole aim and pee on outside plant life thing. ;-)So far this summer he is enjoying his swing set and kiddie pool. He has made friends with a 5th grade girl on our street and they play outside together most evenings. The perk is that his vocabulary is growing by miles because of her. I won't lie that it is nice having another girl around too at times.

Isaac is finally starting to eat/try baby food. He crawls all around and is always looking for something new to check out. This weekend he started pulling up on things himself.I can only imagine what the next four week milestone will bring to this house. He has two teeth and one working its way in. Although he isn't as heavy as Dominic was at this stage, he is growing longer by the second.

Lately my days have been filled with lots of outdoor play time and juggling the two boys, feedings and yard work. I can see that with the nice weather, the inside of my house will have to wait to see the dust rag until Fall. Although spending this summer with the two boys is keeping me VERY busy and sometimes a little crazy, I'm loving every minute of it. I would be lying if I told you that I feel like I can balance it all, because I really can't. I miss my friends and I'm sure by the end of the day my husband could use some more TLC. But for now, I'm doing my best to make the most memories I can with the boys and have lots of fun along the way.

1 comment:

Mountain Mama said...

Wow! Way to go Dominic on the potty training thing! Totally jealous over here! (By the way, we met at swimming last spring- I'm friends with Heidi and my son- Dom's age- is Ben) :)