Let's see...Thomas as a success. Between traveling, no naps and limited bedtime sleeping, that boys did well. Dominic loved every minute. I'm realizing that vacations are no longer for relaxing so I'm just going to suck it up from now on. I think it took me a good 48 hours to recover from the 4 day trip. Upon our return Dominic got his first pet. He now is rooming with two fish. He creatively named them "orange" and "black." I was so proud of him for thinking out of the box. HAHA. So far the fish have survived and I'm dreading the day I walk into the room and find out otherwise. That will be a very difficult conversation with a 2.5 year old.
Isaac seems to be growing lengthwise instead of width wise. He still is boycotting food of all kinds. Bottles are his friend. He is saying "mama" all the time now. He loves Mickey Mouse and Elmo. He is becoming Dominic's little shadow.
I pretty much feel like our days are the same. Sunny and hot. We spend the mornings outside in the pool or on the swings. In the evening we try to find a different spot for the boys to burn off some energy.
I'm feeling a little bottled up and would love to get out and about, but I'm still anxious over juggling both boys at playdates and playgrounds. Am I a wimp? I'm hoping that over the next few weeks I can suck up the courage to venture out and meet up with some of my mommy friends for some much needed girl talk and child play.
It's weird how what seemed so hard with one kid, now seems like a piece of cake. Maybe I just need to get better at winging it...cries from the bedroom means my two seconds of "me time" is over. Until next time...
No comments:
Post a Comment