This title pretty much describes my life as of late. To say the past few weeks has been rough in an understatement. Between terrible twos, snotty noses, stomach flu and the weather I'm burned out. Every day is a battle with Dominic. If I hear him say, "HEY! Give it back!" one more time I might scream. He has been so demanding, not listening and today I just said screw it. Therefore, he had Mac and Cheese for breakfast. I mean I can only fight so many battles before this mom is run down. Even with carrying two guys around most of the time, my muscles just couldn't take this fight.
I wish someone would have told me this before having children....You satisfy your kids needs, your husbands needs, your household needs, your pets needs and then somewhere around the 100th need you find time to shower, shave and do your hair...notice I didn't mention paint the nails because let's face it, it ain't happen!
I love my children, my husband and feel blessed that I get to be home to watch them grow up. Please don't think I'm complaining about that...it's just that I had no idea when I was pregnant with D that some days would be this hard. For example, I was laid up in bed on Sunday with the flu. Couldn't move. The only time I left the bed was to crawl to the bathroom. Although my body was run down from the flu, my heart was aching because I could hear the baby crying out, Dominic pounding on my door asking "Where mommy go?", and Ryan racing around trying to cover all the bases. Bottom line, as a mom you never turn off. Even in the aches and pains of illness your focus is your children and your family. It's that mechanism that at times wears me out. I struggle everyday to figure out how to be the best mom to everyone here. It's a blessing, a challenge and at the end of the day I wouldn't change anything for the world. Its just that somedays it's easier than others to fullfill all those needs. SO, today I gave in and fed Dominic the Mac and Cheese for breakfast. At his age I'm sure he isn't worried about his cholestrol anyway, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment