I swear last week I felt like I was suffacating. I'm sure reading my posts lately you may have realized I was going to lose my mind if things didn't change fast. Well, hello sunshine! This week, is a totally different story. Although the boys are both still suffering from colds and little sleep at night I feel like a new woman. Apparently I suffer from "I hate winter depression...or something!" Any way, the sun is out, the birds or singing and I have the heat off and the windows open today. It is wonderful. Lack of sleep aside, this week is so refreshing.
Last night I had a wonderful little date with my oldest son. We ventured out alone to see Curious George Live. When we walked into the theatre his mouth dropped and I'm pretty sure it stayed open until intermission. Literally. I had a puddle of drowl in my lap for crying out loud. D is obsessed with Curious George, or the silly monkey..that's what he calls him. During the second half of the show he tapped his foot, clapped and waved his little heart out. I just tried soaking it all in. It had been so long since the two of us had some alone time. It was a long time coming.
To update everyone on little Isaac, I'm not really sure where to start. He had the stomach flu, we were worried about dehydration. Now he has a cold and very bad cough. AND, the whole transtioning to SOY was a TERRIBLE...may I repeat...TERRIBLE idea. The poor kid hasn't slept at night in over a week. He is so gassy and screams so loud. I finally said screw it! We are now on day two of Alimentum again. Sorry Doc, it just ain't happening!
Tomorrow will mark our first BIG adventure as a family of four. We are heading to Pittsburg to the Children's Museum. Wish us luck. I'm so excited, so I hope the boys love it and it is a great day. We could use a good family day together. Will post later about our big trek out. Stay tuned....
2 comments:
Have a great time at the museum! Let me know is D loves it..
Miss you and Happy Spring!!!
Glad to hear things are getting better. LOVE THE MUSEUM!!!
We too have had that illness that never ends...all of us have some version of it. Sophie only has the terrible cough left.
Finally, Isaac....ahhh he takes after his sweet friend Sophie! Most babies who have a milk protein sensitivity ALSO have a soy protein sensitivity. Straight from our old pediatrician (aka...ped GOD in our house! ) We miss her!! She is just so smart about all that stuff. Well, good news is that MOST LIKELY, the little guy will grow out of it after he's 6 months old. I'll cross my fingers for ya!
Post a Comment