Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Losing My Mind

Ok, let me begin by saying that I feel like I'm a pretty sane person. However, I think that any sane person would go insane after being snowed in for pratically two weeks. Add to that having a baby, the swine flu and limited access to the real world since October and you have ME! ONE CRAZY INSANE SANE PERSON! You got me? Last night I felt like I had bugs crawling all over me. I realized it was just how irritated I was feeling. UGH I can't even stand to be alone with myself at this point. It's sad when I find myself gazing at my car keys like I'm a 15 year old teenager waiting for her permit.

I don't think D really notices that he can't go anywhere anymore. After week one when he asked to go for a ride like a million times and was shot down he gave up. THEN, I get the bright idea to break the binky habit. I figured since I failed at potty training I might as well make my free time useful. So, on top of me having limited patience, I have to hear "where did my binky go?" a zillion times a day! All I have going for me at this point is that I don't feel pressured to shower, dress or even brush my teeth. Like a toddler will tell me my breath smells like ass! All he's concerned about is getting his darn binky back.

Being stuck in the house can teach you a lot about yourself and I've realized that I'm NOT ever going to become a hermit. I'm just thankful that I have this blog, and the ability to communicate with the human race through e-mail, skype and facebook. It's about all I have left at this point. It really is pathetic. What the heck did we do with ourselves before the Internet? WOW! I can't even imagine it. The quiet time has ended and nap time is over. Must go feed the troops. Until next week....

1 comment:

tams said...

love, love, love, love this post!!!i also love you - sending you smiles and hoping you know you SO are not alone in all these feelings!