Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall is in the Air

Mmmm. This is seriously my favorite time of year. I've been very busy introducing the boys to my favorite season. Dominic, who has taken a liking to baking/cooking has been a big help in the kitchen. We have been baking all kinds of cookies, breads and cobblers.

I found this great idea online and we spent last weekend making these homemade lanterns. It was a great craft for the kids. See this link for more info. http://freshhomeblog.com/2010/10/diy-halloween-decoupage-lanterns/

I ventured out on my first solo field trip with both boys to Owls Creek Farm this morning. It was a trip with Dominic's preschool. The air was crisp and the drive down 79S was just beautiful. The leaves are almost at their peak. This little farm was very cute. Apparently they are big during berry season, but the old little farmer guy did a great job showing off his acreage to the youngsters. He gave us all a hayride and then each kid got to snatch up a pumpkin. Dominic was thrilled and I think even Isaac loved the hayride. Here is the link to check out the farm. http://www.owlcreekfarm.net/



We also took the boys to Rich's Truck Farm for Kids Day on The Farm last weekend. Both boys, didn't let their snuffy noses stop them. They had a ball.



No comments: