Friday, April 9, 2010

Stopping Time

It seems as of late, things are moving around me like a whirl wind. We start with one project. Our BIG spring project. Get a fence. Simple, right? WRONG! That led to many other, many other projects that seem to be adding up. In all of this crazyiness it was a blessing to have such a rainy day to sit back and take in what I feel like I've been missing out on. My boys. They seem to be sprouting up before my eyes. Dominic, growing out of clothes on what seems to be a daily routine now. He gave up his binky and has turned into my own little train conductor. I looked at him last night and thought, "Where did my little boy go?" We were in the car yesterday and Isaac was crying and I was trying to rush home and I heard Dominic say, "It ok Isaac, we go home now!" I mean seriously! When did this transformation occur?

To think that I created two beautiful creatures and to witness them changing, learning and growing up. I guess I just had a moment where it took my breath away. Children, they really are amazing creatures. I feel like I'm learning more and more about myself through my boys. I love them for that!

1 comment:

ktm said...

i'm so glad you guys had the opportunity to get away! it really is a perfect place to get away from it all.

btw- i love the pics you had done at friendship hill.